Cleroux (Provincial Health Services Authority) Class Action
Massie v Provincial Health Services Authority
Unlicensed and Unqualified Nurse (Brigitte Cleroux)
What is this claim about?
Murphy Battista LLP has filed a proposed class action against Provincial Health Services Authority (“PHSA”) concerning an unlicensed and unqualified nurse, Brigitte Cleroux (“Cleroux”), who worked at B.C. Women’s Hospital and Health Centre (“BCWH”) from June 2020 to June 2021 and who provided unlawful and illegal nursing services to patients during this period.
This proposed class action alleges that PHSA was negligent in allowing Cleroux to work at BCWH. The proposed class action alleges that any nursing services provided by Cleroux were done without lawful consent.
Who does the class action affect?
You are a class member in this proposed class action if you are a resident of Canada and a patient at BCWH and received treatments directly or indirectly from Cleroux from June 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
The Notice of Civil Claim, initiating this proposed class action, was filed in the Supreme Court of British Columbia on December 16, 2021.
Please continue to check back here for updates.
Who are the lawyers?
This class action is being pursued by a team of lawyers at Murphy Battista LLP, led by J. Scott Stanley.
What should I do if I have been impacted?
Please contact us by submitting the form below. A member of the legal team handling this action will contact you and you will be added to our database and kept apprised of developments.
If you have questions or would like to be included in our database of class members, you can email [email protected] or call Murphy Battista’s Vancouver office at (604) 683-9621 or Toll Free at 1-844-633-3817, and ask to speak to a member of the legal team handling the Provincial Health Services Authority (Cleroux) Class Action. Reception will transfer your call to someone who can help you.
- CBC’s “The Current” airs documentary on fake nurse
- Update: Fake nurse facing new assault charges in Vancouver
- Maclean’s magazine covers the Brigitte Cleroux nurse imposter story and class action
- Class-action lawsuit filed over B.C. nurse impersonation allegations
- Fake nurse allegations prompt class action lawsuit in B.C.
- Surgical patient treated by alleged fake nurse launching legal action
- Global BC on Twitter
- Fake nurse at centre of proposed class-action lawsuit against B.C. health authority
- False Nurses Allegations Lead to Class Action Lawsuit in BC
- Class action lawsuit filed in B.C. over alleged fake nurse amid confirmation she also worked in Victoria
- Fake nurse also worked at private surgery clinic in Victoria
- Fake nurse with long history of impersonation worked at Vancouver hospital for a year, police say
- Patients of fake nurse ask why they weren’t connected with Vancouver police
- No further answers from B.C. health minister on how fake nurse slipped through the cracks
- Patient remembers ‘so much pain’ during surgery assisted by fake nurse at Vancouver hospital
- Patients want more answers about fake nurse’s year working at Vancouver hospital
- Patients shocked after learning they’d been treated by fake nurse
- The National | Omicron uncertainty, Fake nurse charged, Return to Merritt, B.C.
Update on Fake Nurse at BC Women’s Hospital
March 1, 2022
Over the past few months, we have spoken with hundreds of women who were patients at B.C. Women’s Hospital and Health Centre (BC Women’s) during the period June 1st, 2020 to June 30th, 2021 when an unlicensed and unqualified nurse impersonator, Brigitte Cleroux (“Cleroux”) improperly became involved in patient care.…Continue Reading
In the News
CBC’s “The Current” airs documentary about fake nurse Brigitte Cleroux
September 26, 2022
Fake nurse Brigitte Cleroux appeared in a Vancouver court on Sept 22nd to answer assault charges. At the same time, the CBC’s Matt Galloway of The Current aired Bethany Lindsay’s documentary on Cleroux’s history of impersonating professionals. Read the full story: This serial imposter spent decades posing as a nurse.…Continue Reading
Update: Fake nurse facing new assault charges in Vancouver
September 9, 2022
CTV News has posted an update on fake nurse Bridget Cleroux stating that, “Several counts of assault and assault with a weapon have been approved against Brigitte Cleroux, all stemming from alleged incidents in Vancouver between July 2020 and May 2021. During that time, authorities said Cleroux was working at…Continue Reading
Maclean’s magazine covers the Brigitte Cleroux nurse imposter story and class action
April 11, 2022
The May 2022 issue of Maclean’s features an investigative piece by journalist Sarah Treleaven on Brigitte Cleroux, the woman who used fake nursing credentials to gain employment at BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre from June 2020 to June 2021. Read the story “The nurse imposter. Brigitte Cleroux faked her…Continue Reading