Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is a leading personal injury law firm that represents people in complex personal injury, medical malpractice, and insurance cases.
Our Kelowna office is currently looking for a talented Legal Administrative Assistant to join one of our Teams for a one year maternity leave.
Working with the team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Opening files
- Records/Document requests
- Special damages
- Binder updates and filing
- Pleadings (notice of trial, affidavits, notice of change, requisitions)
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program or equivalent experience and training
- Related Law Firm experience in plaintiff personal injury
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong MS office skills and experience working with other software such as PC Law, tracument, and a document management system is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code LAAKL, in confidence to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.