Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is a leading personal injury law firm that represents people in complex personal injury, medical malpractice, and insurance cases.
Our Vancouver office is currently looking for a Senior Paralegal for a 6 month term.
Working with a team, you be responsible for:
- regular client interaction via phone and email
- drafting, filing and arranging for Chambers applications (including summary trials)
- all duties related to Trial such as scheduling and coordinating witnesses, document management, and subpoenas
- drafting and finalizing pleadings
- mediation scheduling and preparation
- document collection, management, file opening, and file analysis
- administrative duties related to scheduling xfds, booking IMES/DMES, payment of invoices, special damages, binder updates, filing, and opening files
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Sound experience as a Plaintiff Personal Injury Paralegal
- Technical training as a paralegal is an asset from a recognized institution
- Demonstrated customer service and client contact skills and experience
- An ability to multi-task within an ever changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong MS office skills and experience working with legal software is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code 01-2021-PAR, in confidence to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.