Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is one of the best known and most successful personal injury law firms in Western Canada – and was one of the first “boutique” law firms in BC, practicing in a specialized area.
The firm continues to be at the forefront of personal injury work – in our commitment to each case, in using our past knowledge and experience, and in maximizing the recovery.
Our Vancouver office is looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal to join one of our Teams. This role at Murphy Battista LLP is a hybrid position encompassing all the duties and knowledge required of an experienced Senior Legal Administrative Assistant, along with a variety of Paralegal duties.
As a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal at Murphy Battista LLP, you will be responsible for:
- Regular client interaction via phone, e-mail and in-person meetings
- Drafting, filing and arranging for Chambers applications
- All duties related to Trial such as scheduling and coordinating witnesses, document management, powerpoint presentations, Jury Trial preparation and subpoenas
- Drafting and finalizing pleadings
- Mediation scheduling and preparation
- Document collection, management, file opening, and file analysis
- Administrative duties related to scheduling xfds, booking IMES/DMES, payment of invoices, special damages, binder updates, filing, and opening files
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Sound experience as a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant (8+ years)
- Technical training as a legal assistant or paralegal is an asset from a recognized institution
- Demonstrated customer service and client contact skills and experience
- An ability to multi-task within an ever changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong MS office skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), PC Law, and experience working with Primafact is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code PAR02Van, in confidence to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.