Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is one of the best known and most successful personal injury law firms in Western Canada – and was one of the first “boutique” law firms in BC, practicing in a specialized area.
The firm continues to be at the forefront of personal injury work – in our commitment to each case, in using our past knowledge and experience, and in maximizing the recovery.
The Receptionist/Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering the phones and greeting visitors at Reception, along with legal tasks assigned by the Lawyers and Paralegals at Murphy Battista LLP such as preparing special damages and record requests.
The position works closely with all members of the Team at the Vernon office. In the case of the administrative group at the Vernon office, provides vacation, sick time, and lunch break coverage when needed.
Working with the team, you will be responsible for:
- Answering the telephone lines
- Answering and directing inquiries both in person and via telephone
- Being aware of the whereabouts of our Staff and Lawyers in order to facilitate all inquiries
- Sensitivity to the needs of our clients when handling both telephone and front desk inquiries
- Handling courier requests
- Related clerical work
- Scheduling xfds
- Booking IMES/DMES
- Payment of invoices
- Document collection/management
- Special damages including organizing and the related data entry
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program or equivalent experience and training
- Law Firm experience is preferred in plaintiff personal injury
- Reception experience, and working with a multi-line switchboard is an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with and/or becoming familiar with the New Civil Rules an asset
- Strong MS Office 2010 skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), PC Law, and experience working with a document management system is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code mbv1, in confidence to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.