Paralegals (Vernon and Kelowna)
We are currently looking for dynamic and experienced Paralegals to join one of our Teams in Vernon and Kelowna. This role at Murphy Battista LLP is a hybrid position encompassing all the duties and knowledge required of an experienced Senior Legal Administrative Assistant, along with a variety of Paralegal duties.
We are a plaintiff personal injury firm, so we are ideally looking for people with experience in this area.
As a Paralegal at Murphy Battista LLP, you will be responsible for:
- Regular client interaction via phone, e-mail and in-person meetings
- File opening, and file analysis
- Drafting and finalizing pleadings
- Drafting, filing and arranging for Chambers applications
- All duties related to Trial such as scheduling and coordinating witnesses, document management, Powerpoint presentations, Jury Trial preparation and subpoenas
- Mediation scheduling and preparation
- Document collection, management, and binder updates
- Administrative duties related to scheduling Examinations for Discovery
- Booking IMES/DMES
- Special damages including organizing and the related data entry
- Payment of invoices
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Sound experience as a Paralegal
- Technical training as a legal assistant or paralegal from a recognized institution is an asset
- Demonstrated customer service and client contact skills and experience
- An ability to multi-task within an ever changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong MS office skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Experience working with PC Law and Primafact is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application in confidence to:
Human Resources Director at
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.