Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is a leading plaintiff’s personal injury law Firm that represents people in complex personal injury, medical malpractice, class actions, and insurance cases.
Our Kelowna office is looking for a dynamic and experienced Paralegal to join our Medical Malpractice team.
As a Paralegal at Murphy Battista LLP, you will be responsible for duties including:
- Regular client interaction
- Drafting, filing and arranging for Chambers applications
- All duties related to Trial preparation such as scheduling and coordinating witnesses, document management, Jury Trial preparation and subpoenas
- Drafting and finalizing pleadings
- Mediation scheduling and preparation
- Document collection and management, file opening, and file analysis
- Administrative duties related to the position
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Experience as a Paralegal working in plaintiff personal injury. Experience working on medical malpractice matters is an asset but not a requirement.
- Technical training as a legal assistant or paralegal from a recognized institution is an asset.
- Demonstrated customer service and client communication skills.
- An ability to multi-task within an evolving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Strong Office 365 skills and experience with PC Law and a document management system is an asset.
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application in confidence quoting reference code PAR0122KL to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.