We are currently looking for experienced Legal Administrative Assistants to join our teams in Vernon and Kelowna.
We are a plaintiff personal injury firm, so we are ideally looking for people with experience in this area.
An LAA may have the following duties:
- Answering the telephone lines
- Answering and directing inquiries both in person and via telephone
- Being aware of the whereabouts of our Staff and Lawyers in order to facilitate all inquiries
- Sensitivity to the needs of our clients when handling both telephone and front desk inquiries
- Handling courier requests
- Related clerical work
- Opening files
- Scheduling Examinations for Discovery
- Booking IMES/DMES
- Document collection and management
- Special damages including organizing and the related data entry
- Binder updates and filing
- Requesting records
- Scanning mail/documents into Primafact
- Payment of invoices
- Other related duties
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program or equivalent experience and training
- Law firm experience is preferred in plaintiff personal injury
- Reception experience, and working with a multi-line switch board is an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong MS office skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Experience working with PC Law and Primafact is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application in confidence to:
Human Resources Director at
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.