Legal Administrative Assistant (Vancouver)
Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is one of the best known and most successful personal injury law firms in Western Canada – and was one of the first “boutique” law firms in BC, practicing in a specialized area.
The firm continues to be at the forefront of personal injury work; in our commitment to each case, in using our past knowledge and experience, and in maximizing the recovery.
Our Vancouver office is currently looking for a talented Legal Administrative Assistant to join one of our Teams whose work involves both personal injury and class action law suits.
Working with the team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Opening files
- Records/Document requests
- Special damages
- Binder updates and filing
- Pleadings (notice of trial, affidavits, notice of change, requisitions)
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program or equivalent experience and training
- A minimum of 2 years related Law Firm experience in plaintiff personal injury
- A working knowledge of federal rules of court is an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong MS office 2010 skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), PC Law, and experience working with a document management system is an asset
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application to [email protected], quoting reference code LAAST01, in confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.