Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is a leading personal injury law firms in Western Canada. We focus on personal injury law including ICBC claims and medical malpractice cases as well as plaintiff’s insurance issues.
We are currently looking for a talented Junior Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Working with a team, you will be responsible for:
- Scheduling examinations for discovery
- Booking IMES/DMES
- Payment of invoices
- Document collection/management
- Special damages including organizing and the related data entry
- Binder updates and filing
- Opening files
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program or equivalent experience and training
- Law firm experience is an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with and/or becoming familiar with the New Civil Rules an asset
- Strong MS office skills (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code jrlaa19, in confidence to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.