Founded in 1982, Murphy Battista LLP is a leading personal injury law Firm that represents people in complex personal injury, medical malpractice, class actions, and insurance cases.
Our Vancouver office is currently looking for a talented Accounting Clerk to join our Finance Team.
Working with the Finance Team, the Accounting Clerk:
- Prepares and posts AR invoices.
- Checks payments received, prepares bank deposit.
- Enters invoices into accounting system.
- Prepares cheque run.
- Follows-up on overdue payments.
- Checks AP invoices against purchase orders and follows-up on variances with appropriate person.
- Prepares government remittances including PST, GST, EHT and WCB. Prepares cheques for all remittances.
- Provides assistance for Month- and Year-End functions as required.
- Assists with the semi-monthly payroll processing.
- Provides administrative support including filing, copying, faxing, handling couriers, preparing correspondence and other general office duties.
- Carries out other related projects and tasks as assigned.
You will bring the following background and skills:
- Diploma or Certificate in Accounting or related field.
- 1or 2 years in a computerized accounting environment (AP and payroll), ideally using PCLaw and ADP. Should also have experience providing administrative support.
- Strong Outlook, Excel and Word skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Solid experience with various office procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Murphy Battista LLP offers a supportive culture and competitive compensation package.
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application, quoting reference code AC2021, in confidence to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.