Here’s what’s happening at the Personal Injury Resource Centre in November:
Girl Talk Women’s Group
Thursday, November 14th: “Girl Talk,” Women’s Group, 7-8pm
The Personal Injury Resource Centre
908 West King Edward Ave, Vancouver
Click to view map.
About the group
The Personal Injury Resource Centre is delighted to provide a meeting space for “Girl Talk,” a new women’s group (for women 17+ living with disabilities). The group is being spear headed by Spinal Cord Injuries BC (SCI BC) Peer Volunteer, Jenna Reed-Cote.
The group is drop in, so if you, or anyone you know may be interested, please come on by. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jenna at [email protected] or post questions to the Girl Talk Facebook Group
About Jenna Reed-Cote – SCI BC Peer Volunteer
Jenna was born with Spina Bifida and has first-hand experience dealing successfully with the challenges that come along with a physical disability. As a woman actively engaged in creating positive change, Jenna joined the SCI BC team after recently graduating with a Social Work degree from UVic and a 2nd degree black belt in Karate – despite early predictions that she might never be able to sit up by herself. She brings her positive energy and “Yes, we can” approach to “Girl Talk” with the goal of creating opportunities for women with disabilities to share information and talk about what matters most. Whether it’s navigating relationships, academics, fulfilling careers or taking control of your life with its unique opportunities and challenges, we’re going to be talking about it.
You are invited to join in, as we set out to help support each other in building a network of strong women determined not letting anything get in the way of what we really want. We may live life differently, but we’re still living it up!
Free Legal Advice Clinic
- Friday Nov 15th: Legal Advice Clinic, 2-6pm
- To make an appointment to discuss your situation fill out our Question Form and email it to [email protected]. A representative from the Centre will call or e-mail you to confirm a time.
- The Personal Injury Resource Centre sponsored by Murphy Battista LLP
908 West King Edward Ave. Click to view map.
Movie Day Co-hosted with Spinal Cord Injury BC
- Saturday Nov 16th: Movie day with SCI BC, 3pm showtime
- Contact the [email protected] for further details.
Legal Information Seminar
- Thursday Nov 28th: Seminar: Insurance Issues and Human Rights, 5:30-6:30pm
- Contact the [email protected] for location details.